For as far back as I can remember, I have always wanted to make a movie or write a book about my life. I think everyone thinks about doing this... so, I don't feel like that yearning is profound, however, it would probably make for either the best story ever told thus far or the worst.
If I think of it in the very simplest terms, it's incredibly dull and pointless. But, I think that stems from the fact that I'm emotionally over nearly every event in my life. (I know there is a God because I once prayed to not care... and here I am. Not caring.) I would like to explore how I would describe the movie or book about my life... Ever thought about that? Summing up a life.. I think we are supposed to call that a Eulogy, but, for now let's stick with the less morbid terminology, Prologue.
MOVIE VERSION:
"For every moment, for every smell, touch, taste and sound... there with it comes a memory. In the small towns of quiet Mid-West America, a confused, arrogant young girl is drawn into a world of mischief, lies, sex and music. Struggling with being raised by a single mother and a very absent father, Leslie becomes more and more who everyone else wants her to be and less the person she feels inside. Through love and religion she struggles to find her voice. Until one day, everything changes.. a chance to run free.. down a small road in the mountains of Kentucky, she finds exactly what/who she has been waiting for... but, when old habits die hard, will Leslie be able to save the thing that once saved her? Touchtone pictures presents.. A story about Youth... A story about Love... One that shows the depth and frustration of a wild teenage girl and the transformation into a strong fearless woman.... "Already Home" In select theaters Friday!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.
The book version would be similar but, of course there would be an excerpt:
"...I stood there in the middle of the room just staring. Everything was gone, empty. Just a piece of paper telling me when she would be back to get me was the only thing that told me I was ever here. I think I died inside a little that day. but, I didn't have time to cry, I had to hurry outside so no one else could see that I was the only thing left behind... That even the dust was more important than me."
There could probably be a better excerpt but, you get the point.. lol. I don't know, I guess I just find it funny that everyone loves to talk about themselves, and they think everyone else wants to hear it! haha :) Hmm.. Kind of like a BLOG. AHAHAHA :) But, I know the truth, I have had this blog for 2 years now? and have only had 103 page views... and I'm willing to bet at least HALF of those are from me.. haha :)
Anyway, it's very late (or early- one of the two) and I just felt like writing because I can't get to sleep and this was one thing on my mind. LATER STALKERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment